Using the sound controller in your dance studio is easy:
- Plugin your phone
- Push the source button so it goes to A or B
- Turn the volume up to a comfortable level
1. SOURCE SELECT SWITCH
Leaving this switch disengaged – up position – to select input source A. Engage the switch – down position – to select input source B. The default setting for our studios is B.
2. AUDIO INPUT SELECT SWITCH
Leave this switch disengaged – up position – to route the currently selected input source to the Denon media player. Press this switch – down position – to route the currently selected input source to aux cable.
3. MONO SWITCH
Pressing the mono switch combines the stereo signal into a monophonic signal at the monitor outputs. The left and right input signals are summed and the mono signal is output at both the left and right outputs. We recommend you leave this disengaged – in the up position.
The mute switch does just what it sounds like it does. Engaging the mute switch (almost) provides the same result as turning the volume knob all the way down.
5. DIM SWITCH
Pressing this button turns down the signal going to the monitor outputs by 20 dB. This allows you to essentially “turn down” the speakers to have a chat without affecting the speaker level.
6. VOLUME KNOB
The volume knob adjusts the volume of the selected input source’s signal going to the selected monitor outputs.
Always turn the volume knob all the way down before making connections or trying something new. Keep it down until all changes have been made, then turn it up slowly. This saves the speakers – and more importantly, your ears – from blowing.
Troubleshooting — no sound
- Is the signal source turned up? Make sure the volume from your device is high enough to produce sound
- Is the volume control turned up?
- Are the source and monitor select switches in their correct positions?
- Is the mute switch engaged?
Troubleshooting — bad sound
- Are the input and output connectors plugged completely into the jacks? Plug them all the way in
- Is the sound loud and distorted? Reduce the volume level at the source(s)