There are a number of quick checks you can do to ensure the equipment is working properly. Here are a few things to try:
- The CDJs should be connected into 2 channels on the DJM with a red/black split cable and the top dials on the channels should be set to LINE. (The cables should run from the red & white 'Audio Out' on the CDJ to the red & white 'LINE' inputs on your selected channel on the DJM.)
- The speakers should be switched on at the mains socket and at the back of the speaker. An LED light on the speaker will indicate they have power (sometimes they may have been accidentally switched off)- Ensure you have 2 XLR (large round cables) coming out from the 'MASTER1' outputs on the back of the DJM (mixer), these should be connected to each speaker.
- If you have no power to any of the decks, first check that the unit has been switched on (there will be a power button on the back of each unit) It's also worth checking that the power cables for each unit are plugged into the back correctly, they can sometimes become loose.
How to reset the CDJs
To ensure all previous settings are removed from the decks it may be helpful to perform a factory reset on both CDJs. you can do this by following the instructions below:
- Turn off the power by pressing the power button on the back of the unit (leave the mains plug connected and the socket switched on).
- Press and hold the USB Stop button.
- While holding USB Stop, press and hold the Disk Eject button.
- While holding USB Stop and Disk Eject, turn the power back on by pushing the power button at the back of the unit.
- A message will display on the unit to confirm that a factory reset has been performed.
- Once this message is displayed you can release all buttons.
- Switch power off and on again and ensure that A-Hot Cue is enabled.