Setting up Studio 20 at London's Earlsfield studio can be tricky, so we've prepared a step by step guide.
This interface does not have a USB-C cable port. Customers will need to have a USB-A port, or have an adaptor to use the interface.
- Ensure Samson Powerstrip is turned on (to the left of the interface) as this will power on the speakers.
- Connect the USB cable to your laptop and make sure Focusrite USB Audio is selected in your sound preferences.
- When recording vocals, plug the microphone into input 3 in the live room. Input 1 + 2 should be taped off already. The back of the interface in the control room will need to align with the input in live room, so please plug into input 3.
- Open your DAW of choice, create one audio track and select the correct input for your mic (1 or 2).
- Turn on Input Monitoring within your DAW as this will allow you to hear the incoming signal from the mic.
- Active phantom power (48V) on the front of the interface for your selected input
- Plug the artist's headphones into input C, this feeds into the second headphone input on the front of the interface via the Blue VDC Cable.
- Get your artist to test the mic while you increase the gain on the front of the interface until it’s peaking at an optimal level.