Setting up Studio 20 at London's Earlsfield studio can be tricky, so we've prepared a step by step guide.
- Ensure Samson Powerstrip is turned on as this will power on the speakers.
- Connect the USB cable (Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre) to your laptop and make sure Focusrite USB Audio is selected in your sound preferences.
- When recording vocals, plug the microphone into Input 4 of the patch bay (all other inputs are not currently patched in), this feeds to a red VDC (XLR) cable which you can plug directly into Input 1 or 2 via the front of the interface.
- Open your DAW of choice, create one audio track and select the correct input for your mic (1 or 2).
- Turn on Input Monitoring within your DAW as this will allow you to hear the incoming signal from the mic.
- Active phantom power (48V) on the front of the interface for your selected input
- Plug the artist's headphones into input C, this feeds into the second headphone input on the front of the interface via the Blue VDC Cable.
- Get your artist to test the mic while you increase the gain on the front of the interface until it’s peaking at an optimal level.