Are you having issues while recording with CAPTURE.AUDIO? This article is for you.
If you are having issues connecting see Issues connecting - CAPTURE.AUDIO
If you've recorded but are having issues retrieving your recordings see Issues with my recordings - CAPTURE.AUDIO
I'M SEEING A "NO AUDIO DETECTED" ERROR ON CAPTURE
This error appears when our system doesn't receive any audio signal or the audio is way too quiet to be recorded.
- Start playing! If you start playing you should see this error message disappear and the level meter lighting up.
- Check the REC OUT cables in the back of the mixer. The CAPTURE.AUDIO recording system needs to be plugged into the mixer via the REC OUT port at the back. There should be 2 x RCA cables plugged into the REC OUT L/R outputs of the mixer. Sometimes these can be unplugged or loose - unplug them and fully plug them back in. This should help our system receive audio now.
THE CAPTURE APP OR THE WAVEFORM HAVE FROZEN BUT THE TIMER IS STILL COUNTING
Sometimes the app appears to freeze mid-session whereas sometimes the timer may still be counting while some parts of the screen are stuck or not responding.
The app freezing does not impact any recordings in progress no worries! You can continue your mix. If you'd like to try unfreeze the app:
- Refresh the page. Try refreshing your phone's browser. Reopening or refreshing the page won't impact any recordings in progress. This usually fixes a frozen app.
- Close the browser and reopen the link. Your recording will still be active.
- Still stuck? As mentioned earlier, the recording will continue until the end of your booking and should be available after your session - you can keep playing!
THE CAPTURE APP IS SHOWING "CAPTURE has encountered a serious error"
This could be because you are using a VPN connection. Please disable your VPN (or the VPN extension of your browser) and refresh the CAPTURE app page on your browser. You should now be able to record correctly.
THERE'S A BUZZING NOISE IN THE ROOM
If there's a constant buzzing noise in the speakers, it may have been caused by a microphone being left on. Switch the mic off and it should resolve the buzzing.
TOO QUIET OR TOO LOUD?
Check the levels across the deck and set them accordingly to the loudest part of the track. The level meter on the app should be green and between GOOD and TOO LOUD.
Check where levels are set on the gain / Trim knobs, for all of the channels in use. On a Pioneer DJM 900NXS2 for example, these are the grey knobs near the top of the mixer labeled 'TRIM'.
If there’s a mic being used as well this may also increase the overall recording levels. Make sure to control its level.
I'M GETTING AN "OFFLINE" ERROR
The offline error appears when the connection between your phone and the CAPTURE.AUDIO system has been lost. Close the tab and re-open again via the CAPTURE button on your booking under your account, to fix the issue.
If doing that doesn't fix the issue:
- BEFORE you've started recording - there may be an issue with CAPTURE in your room. Please get in touch with us on live chat or Whatsapp.
- AFTER you've started recording - No worries! You can’t now tell the CAPTURE device to start or stop recording, however if a recording is already in progress and there hasn’t been any power issues, the CAPTURE device should continue recording and will stop automatically at the end of the session.
Need to report a fault or want some advice?