Verifying your ID is an important step at Pirate Studios for security and access. However, several issues might arise during this process.
The following tips may help you prepare your documents for successful submission:
- The name on your account must match the name on your documents. For example, don't use your artist name, or a short version of your name on your account (Jamie shortened to Jay, Bill instead of William).
- We do not accept uploaded pictures from Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or anywhere else. Please take a selfie from the time of verification or it will be rejected.
- ID must be a new photo, i.e. no scanned passports, cropped photos or pictures on a screen.
- Is your ID within date? Sorry, we can't accept expired identity documents.
- Are you over 18 years old? Unfortunately, we can't allow under-18s to hold accounts with us.
- When you take a selfie, please follow passport rules; that means no hats, sunglasses, or anyone else in the picture.
Keep your facial expressions blank so our system can work as quickly as possible.
Below are common problems and potential fixes to help you proceed smoothly:
Black Screen When Camera Opens
Issue: You encounter a black screen when attempting to use the camera for ID verification.
- Check Camera Settings: Ensure that your device's camera is enabled and accessible for the browser or app you're using.
- Try Another Browser: Switch to a different browser as sometimes camera access issues are specific to certain browsers.
- Try Another Device: Attempt the verification process on another device to check if the problem persists.
Selection of 'ID Card' When UK Doesn't Issue Official ID Cards
Issue: You've chosen 'ID card' for verification, but the UK doesn't issue official ID cards.
- Choose Another Document: Opt for a different form of identification like a passport or driver's license if available. Or select another country from the list and submit the desired ID card.
Issues with device or browser
Issue: The ID verification system will not work with your device at all
- Try Another Device: Attempt the verification process on a different device (like a computer or tablet) that might be compatible with the software.
- Update Software: Ensure your phone's software is up-to-date as this might resolve compatibility issues.
- Clear Cache and Cookies: Sometimes, clearing cache and cookies in your browser can resolve technical glitches.
- Contact Support: If none of the fixes work or if you have specific questions about the verification process, reach out to Pirate Studios support. They can provide tailored assistance and alternative methods for verification.