If you are experiencing any issues with the CDJs, then a hard reset will most likely resolve the issue. Here's how to reset both a CDJ-2000NXS2 and a CDJ-3000.
To reset any CDJ-2000NXS2 back to its factory settings, removing any glitches or presets, please perform the following:
- Remove your USB device/CD/USB cables
- Switch the CDJ off using the power button at the back of the unit
- Hold down the USB Stop button, the Disc Eject button, and the power button, until you get a message on the screen stating that the settings have been restored to factory defaults
- Let go of all 3 buttons, then switch the unit off and on again
NOTE: Once the CDJ is reset, you will need to re-enable 'Auto Cue' by pressing the TIME MODE - AUTO CUE button for two seconds, until it is displayed on the left-hand side of the display (button as shown in the image below).
If you are struggling to perform a hard reset on the CDJ-2000NXS with the instructions above, please watch the following video:
To reset a CDJ-3000 back to its factory settings, please perform the following:
- With the CDJ powered ON, press and hold the MENU button
- Tap SYSTEM on the left
- Tap DEFAULT on the right
- Then tap OK at the far right
NOTE: If you need advice about how to get started as a DJ, some expert tips on setting up and using the equipment or any other information around our DJ studios, please check out our blog.