Jump straight to the right section:
- No sound from the speakers?
- Only one speaker works.
- I cannot Cue a track, the previous one loads instead.
- Track stops when I touch the jogwheel - I want to scratch.
- Stuttering every time I press Cue.
- The track is going backwards.
- CDJ screen is completely black.
- Cue/Play button is not responding or is stuck.
- I cannot connect to my laptop or my laptop doesn't work with CDJs.
- There is an error message on a CDJ screen.
- Jogwheel isn't doing anything, it isn't moving the track forwards or backwards.
No sound from the speakers?
Make sure they're showing the power light or turn them on at the back and at the wall switch. Ensure all top dials on each channel of the DJM are set to LINE and the BALANCE and MASTER VOL knobs are set to the middle position. More info in this quick guide.
Only one speaker works.
Make sure the BALANCE knob is set to the middle position. Click here for more info.
I cannot Cue a track, the previous one loads instead.
Ensure "A CUE" is disabled. Hold press the autocue button down until "A CUE" [in red] disappears off the screen. If you want to enable autocue - hold press the autocue button down until "A CUE" [in red] appears on the screen.
Track stops when I touch the jogwheel - I want to scratch.
Make sure the jog mode button is displaying ‘Vinyl’ and not ‘CDJ’.
The track is skipping/stuttering every time I hit Cue or pause on the CDJ.
Make sure you're on VINYL Jog Mode, as skipping is a feature of the CDJ Jog Mode.
If this still doesn't work, try with a CDJ reset.
The track is going backwards!
Make sure the left hand side switch is not set to ‘REV’. Flip the switch up to 'FWD'.
CDJ top screen is completely black.
Unplug the power cable from the CDJ. Turn the CDJ off, then plug the power cable back in and turn the CDJ back on. This is usually due to the power cable not being fully in - the screen should now be working. If not, please get in touch with us on live chat or Whatsapp.
Cue/Play button is not working or not responding.
Check the auto cue is enabled. Make sure the CDJ is not in reverse mode. Make sure you're not on CD mode. If it is, try removing any USB drives and hard resetting the CDJ like so:
- Switch the CDJ off using the power button at the back of the unit
- Hold down the USB Stop button, the Disc Eject button, and the power button, until you get a message on the screen stating that the settings have been restored to factory defaults
- Let go of all 3 buttons, then switch the unit off and on again
No luck still? Please get in touch on live chat or Whatsapp.
I cannot connect to my laptop or my laptop doesn't work with CDJs.
To connect your laptop to the CDJ 2000 NXS2: Are you using 3 USB cables and a USB hub? If so, please check this short guide out to make sure you've followed all steps. If you re not using 3 USB cables you won't be able to connect I'm afraid. More info on here.
CJD 3000: All information can be found here.
An error message is displayed on one of the CDJs
- NO USB / NO DISC - Possible format issue or size. USBs must be formatted to 32FAT
- Emergency Looping - Certain tracks might be corrupt or the formatting is incorrect. May have to re-upload tracks or try to give the USB drive a wiggle.
- E8301-E8305 - Relating to formatting issue. Issues can range from a corrupt audio file, unsupported characters in the audio file name, or has a table of content (TOC). If you think that is the case, format your USB key and export from Rekordbox again. A USB key exported by rekordbox has a TOC (table of content) and the /CONTENT folder, which hold the songs. If you remove songs from this /CONTENT folder and load it again, you will still see the removed songs in the track list (because it's in the TOC), but you'll get the error E-8302.
E-7022 - This is a CPU error message and a factory reset will not fix this. Please contact support for assistance.
Jogwheel isn't doing anything, it isn't moving the track forwards or backwards.
If the Jogwheel isn't responding or not letting you move the track forwards or backwards, change the Jogwheel Mode on the right hand side of the CDJ to VINYL MODE.
FOR ALL OTHER ISSUES:
Hard reset a CDJ - here's how to do it.