If you haven't got it already, you will need the latest version of the Focusrite Control software. This step is crucial and it is required for the interface to perform properly with your device.
You can find the latest version here. Make sure to install the correct one (Mac or PC) for your device: Clarett 4 PRE USB or Scarlett 18i20.
Once downloaded and installed, close all other apps and leave open Focusrite Control only.
Click 'File' > 'Restore Factory Defaults' > OK - this will reset the interface to factory settings.
If prompted to choose a Preset, click off that window instead.
Make sure that your Audio Input and Output routing on your device's audio settings and your DAW audio settings are assigned to your interface.
FL Studio and Windows users: Select 'FOCUSRITE USB ASIO' as your audio driver.
Want more? Watch a Focusrite Control 1-minute quick tour.
- Reset the interface every session to cancel any previous routings.
- Check the 3 green lights are on when your laptop is plugged into the interface. If the USB light isn’t on, chances are you’ve got the wrong USB cable plugged in.
- Ensure the yellow cables are plugged into LINE OUTPUTS 1-2. If they're in LINE OUTPUTS 3-4 (easily done) then the interface ignores the master volume control and sends out audio at max gain, bad for ears and gear!
Do you need more help with this?
- You can contact us via WhatsApp or via Live chat, just tap the chat icon to connect.
- If you're in the USA you can also send us an SMS at +1 (866) 606-0065.
- Our support team is available 24/7.